AS A MAN THINKETH
JAMES ALLEN’S BOOK AS A MAN THINKETH was written over a hundred years ago. It’s titile
was influenced by a verse in the BIBLE (Book of Proverbs, CHAPTER 23, Verse 7) which briefly
stated “AS A MAN THINKETH IN HIS HEART,SO IS HE”
This book is written in terms of responsibility assumption. It opens with the statement:
MIND IS THE MASTER POWER THAT MOULDS AND MAKES,
AND MAN IS MIND, AND EVERMORE HE TAKES
THE TOOL OF THOUGHT, AND, SHAPING WHAT HE WILLS,
BRINGS FORTH A THOUSAND JOYS, A THOUSAND ILLS: —
HE THINKS IN SECRET, AND IT COMES TO PASS:
ENVIRONMENT IS BUT HIS LOOKING-GLASS.
CENTRAL IDEAS OF THE BOOK.
Men do not attract what they want, but what they are.
- A man is literally what he THINKS, his character being the complete sum of all his THOUGHTS.
- Cherish your visions. Cherish your ideals. Cherish the music that stirs in your heart, the beauty that
forms in your mind, the loveliness that drapes your purest thoughts, for out of them will grow all
delightful conditions, all heavenly environment, of these, if you but remain true to them your world will
at last be built.
- The soul attracts that which it secretly harbors, that which it loves, and also that which it fears. It
reaches the height of its cherished aspirations. It falls to the level of its unchastened desires – and
circumstances are the means by which the soul receives its own.
- Men are anxious to improve their circumstances, but are unwilling to improve themselves, they therefore
- Every action and feeling is preceded by a THOUGHT.
- Right thinking begins with the words we say to ourselves.
- Circumstance does not make the man, it reveals him to himself.
- You cannot travel within and stand still without.
- As the physically weak man can make himself strong by careful and patient training, so the man of weak
thoughts, can make them strong by exercising himself in RIGHT THINKING.
- Every man is where he is by the law of his being; the THOUGHTS which he has built into his character have brought him there, and in the arrangement of his life there is no element of chance, but all is the result of a law which cannot err
Looking forward to your valued comments here
OR VIA EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
NAME OF MY BLOG: LETUSALLWIN1
MY PHONE # 313-292-7019